Old Sales and Marketing Manager
So you wanna be our Sales and Marketing Manager...
Well hello there, we’re Pretty Alright Goods, a stationery and gift brand that makes goods and gifts for the above average. We pride ourselves on clever copy, good design, and not taking ourselves too seriously. We love what we do and have a lot of fun while we do it. Our goods are currently found in 500+ retailers across the US. This number keeps growing and we are ready to add some stellar new people to our above average team.
The Pretty Alright Goods (PAG) Sales and Marketing Manager will design and execute our sales and marketing plan and work to strengthen the connection between PAG and our customers. We want an individual who thrives on building customer relationships. The ideal candidate can relate to gift and stationery retailers and buyers and communicate our brand message in a manner that is equal parts engaging and effective. This person is flexible and prepared to adapt to the ever changing needs of small businesses and is comfortable connecting the dots between their daily tasks and the larger PAG brand strategy. They also like creating dance party playlists, giving belly rubs to the office dog, and debating Trader Joe’s best snack foods.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk more. Send us your resume and a cover letter detailing why YOU want to work with US and why WE should want to work with YOU. Tell us who you are and why you’re a great fit for this brand! We think cover letters say more about a candidate than resumes. Email them to email@example.com.
What you’d be doing:
- New business development: Strategically pursue new customers and grow business with existing customers through targeted marketing and outreach efforts
- Wholesale account management: work with Customer Service Lead to implement sales growth strategy; establish and maintain strong working relationships with our highest volume accounts
- Rep management: Work with our sales reps to help them sell more of our goods; ensure all reps are fully trained on new product releases
- Trade show planning: Organize logistics and create and implement marketing plan for 4-6 trade shows per year; attend shows and act as primary representative of PAG
- Product Development: Work with CEO and Creative Director to contribute sales and customer data to new product decision making
The best person for the job will exemplify our company values in their work:
- Be good people: Build supportive relationships with your PAG team, and our current and future customers
- Be proud of what we put into the world: Enthusiasm and passion for PAG’s products and voice, and the greater stationery and gift industry
- Make the experience delightful: Work to create the best and most memorable experience for all of PAG’s potential and current customers
- Pursue continuous improvement: Use strategic thinking, attention to detail, and adaptability to contribute to PAGs growth and evolution
- A pretty alright sense of humor
Experience and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 to 3 years sales or account management experience preferred
- Experience in retail and/or gift industry preferred
- Capacity for heavy travel in January, February, July, and August each year
- Ability to take constructive feedback and pivot as necessary
- Experience with CRM software and Quickbooks preferred
- Pop culture devotee and music enthusiast preferred
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary + bonus potential
- Generous PTO + paid holidays
- A flexible + fun workplace
- Regular attention from the office dog
- All the less-than-perfect greetings cards your heart could desire
Pretty Alright Goods is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender orientation or expression, marital status or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic under applicable federal or state law.