Let's face it, life happens. When it does, reaching out with an open heart and a helping hand can make all the difference. Here at Pretty Alright Goods, we have a wide assortment of greeting cards for these sensitive moments. Whether someone is struggling with grief, sickness, or another kind of life's unfortunate events, you can pick a card to brighten their day. But what thoughtful message will you put inside of your blank greeting card? We've got you covered.
1. Keep it simple
Dealing with loss is hard enough. Showing you care shouldn't have to be. Try pairing these simple messages with our empathy cards.
- “Words fail to express how terrible this is. I'm sorry for your loss.”
- “My heart goes out to you and your family.”
- “Wishing you strength and comfort through this difficult time.”
2. Turn sympathy into empathy
Don't be afraid to share their sadness. Connect to your grieving recipient by letting them know you'll be right beside them every step of the way.
- “I will be here for you as we remember your lost loved one.”
- “I know this sucks. Please know you can lean on me through it all.”
- “Please know that I am with you, I’m only a phone call away.”
3. Be their light
Grief is not a linear process. There will be happy days, hard days, and bittersweet ones. Send them a message that reminds them you'll be there for every wave.
- “I can be your shoulder to cry on or the BEST distraction in the world. Let me know what you need."
- “Trust that can tell me how you're really feeling. Even the bad thoughts. Better out than in, I always say."
- “I see a whole lot of tissues and ice cream in our future. I am sorry for your loss.”
See our assortment of empathy greeting cards here. Leave a comment below with more suggestions on how to talk through life's unforeseen circumstances.